
And my wandering mind finally found a sense of finality this morning when the ticket was booked. I have been distracted these past months, doubting whether or not I wanted to take the plunge and leave the familiar. I have found a sense of finality in many aspects of my life today. Tears have been shed, and I am very certain that they are not the last to be lost. I must say, however, that this entire process is making me feel very empowered.
Honestly, the most daunting task I forsee during my time abroad is that I will be left alone with this head full of thoughts. Anyone who knows me well knows that my mind is constantly in overdrive, examining and reexamining situations and encounters that maybe shouldn't have received even a preliminary, surface-level examination. I have been searching for the off-button for many years now, though I'm not exactly certain it exists. For the first time, friends and family will not be an easy phone call away for advice. I will be relying on myself. And while I often climb up on to my pedestal to proclaim my indenpendence and self-reliance, this is IT, LADY. I'm really good, a little (WAY) too good at opening my mouth, but this is when it doesn't really matter what I say. It's when it matters what I DO.
January 17th is the day...the day this talker steps off of a plane with a head full of thoughts to make something happen. I think I might be great it, but that's just my mouth talking.

2 comments:
You inspire me! I am so excited to be a part of your journey from my computer screen to your blogosphere!
Muah!
Emily, how exciting that you are going to Danmark! I've been there several times and loved it!
Not to worry everybody understands English there and Dansk is very similar to English in many ways and you'll pick it up quickly.
Post a Comment