When you passed your little umbrella into my possession some months ago, you forgot to mention that it is, essentially, worthless. I brought it along on my adventure, thinking that it may keep me dry on these rainy Copenhagen nights, but was disappointed to find that it wasn't sturdy enough to withstand the gusty Danish winds. Last night, halfway between the train station and my apartment, it had digressed into a tangled mass of wire and nylon. Though a frustrating struggle it was, I was able to provide a good 10 minutes of quality entertainment to the two, old Danish men laughing loudly behind me. I couldn't understand what they were saying, but it may have been something along the lines of "Look at that drunk American wrestling with an umbrella! I wonder who will win?..."
So while the traveling umbrella added Copenhagen to its list of cities traveled, it has unfortunately been retired to the bottom of a Danish dumpster.
.
AL
Please enjoy some Danish pop, compliments of my Danish teacher, Nina.
Some people make videos for dancin', but the Dane's say, "Hey, wouldn't it be funny to sing while walking and hopping as awkwardly as possible...and then play it backwards!?"

No comments:
Post a Comment